Wednesday, March 12, 2008

North and South

I just finished watching North and South, BBC's adaptation to Elizabeth Glaskell's novel. I LOVED IT! To anyone who also loves A&E's version of Pride and Prejudice, I highly recommend North and South. There's the same "will they ever get together?" going on in this story as there is in Pride and Prejudice There's another movie based on a book by Elizabeth Glaskell called Wives and Daughters. I've added that to the top of our Netflix as soon as I finished watching North and South. It was a bit long, but since I'm not feeling my best, I felt absolutely no guilt staying in my P.J's and watching it. I paused it several times to play/feed/read/bath Tralee, but I lucked out during the last 1 1/2 episodes while Tralee took a nap. That was the best part anyways! I just wanted to recommend this movie to anyone who hasn't already seen it, and who enjoys movies/books from the Victorian (I believe) period.

No comments: