Sunday, September 1, 2013

About Me. . .


Hi I’m Leslie Jean,

I’m Midwesterner who lives in Idaho with her Canadian hubby, two adorable kid-os, and Buddhist pug.  I’m a creator.  I paint, build, sew, design, bake, photograph, and write.  I also run on occasion, and will someday attempt one of those pre-scheduled race/runs.  I have a BS in English Literature and use it to read a lot --poetry, literature, blogs, magazines, it doesn’t matter really -- I adore the written word and the smell of bookstores makes me giddy.  I also listen to music constantly.  Pandora and I are pals.

I hoard Lip Gloss like nobody’s business.  Lip Smackers Dr. Pepper and Grape flavor are my faves.  I can't really leave the house without a healthy application of gloss across my kisser. 

I love movies.  I watch Sixteen Candles every year on my birthday.  I still cry at the end, and will always have a crush on Jake Ryan.  I watch Singin’ in the Rain on sick days and wish very strongly that I could learn to tap dance.  A&E's Pride and Prejudice is another favorite, but isn't it every one's?  North and South, Shawkshank Redemption, Stranger than Fiction, Gigi, and The Scarlet Pimpernel with Jane Seymour (her hair!) and Ian McKellen are some other go-tos on melancholy days. Sometimes I make a stack of my favorite happily-ever-after movies, and just watch the endings all in a row.  I’m not ashamed.  

I pretend to be adventurous.  I’ve been in a stunt plane while the pilot did a barrel roll.  That was fun.  I’ve also been attached to a bungee cord that shot me up in the air.  I used to ski a lot.  This was all pre-children.  My adventuring now includes going on hikes in the wilderness with my family, and praying that I don’t have to feed myself to a hungry bear to save my wee ones.

My family lived in Hawaii for a month last year.  Spending the days on the beach playing with my littles, giggling, splashing, sand castle building, and swimming were all a little too perfect.  Our evenings were spent watching the sun set over the ocean and wishing for all our sunsets to be that magical.  As a result, I’m currently trying to figure out how to live in Hawaii again. . . forever.

Until that happens (wink), I’ll continue to make and share some of my creations on this blog, hopefully learn to tap dance, seek out adventures, play with my kids, date my husband, and daydream; documenting it all right here for you to read.  


So, pull up chair and let's be friends.  


- Leslie



3 comments:

Boom said...

You Can't move to Hawaii! Please don't even think about it!

Unknown said...

What at great blog! Great sense of humor and lovely family.

I was wondering if you would tell me what software you would recommend for someone wanting to do graphics?

Leslie said...

Hi Michelle,

Thanks so much for your nice comment. Sorry I didn't respond sooner. I haven't been checking my comments regularly. I'm still learning a great deal about graphic art, but have a really fun time experimenting with it. So far, I've mostly been using Photoshop Elements. However, I would love to learn illustrator. I think any of the Adobe software is pretty great! I hope that helps!