Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Last Day at Disney: Magic Kingdom

Tralee, Hunter, and Haylee planning out their day at Magic Kingdom on the bus ride over.


Our last full day at Disney we went back to Magic Kingdom.

Highlights of the day:

1. Watching Tralee watch the show right outside the castle. Magical.


2. Taking Tralee on Dumbo. Before we left for Disney, I would ask her, "What do you want to do at Disney World?" The first thing she said was, "Ride the Dumbo ride!" We finally got to do it! We also hit up all the other kiddie rides with our littles. It was fun to watch them experience the magic.



3. Hunter fell in a puddle right outside a store and got soaked! We took off his shirt so it could dry, and a nice cast member that worked in the store came up and asked us to pick out a shirt for Hunter for free! Jim went in and picked out a Phineas and Ferb shirt for Hunty. Phineas and Ferb is Jim's favorite Disney show, so that's what Hunty got, even if it was a bit large. He'll grow into it. Also, Hunter was being REALLY cute while we were waiting for his new shirt to be picked out by Daddy. I kept snapping pictures, and couldn't decide which one is my favorite, so I posted all the cutest ones!




4. Riding on Splash Mountain again with Haylee. This is her favorite. She's so fun to ride with! Screaming and all.



5. Big Thunder Mountain was ALL the kids favorite. Tralee loved this one, and still says she wants to ride on the "train ride" at Disney World again and again. I think the picture of Tralee and me riding on it, is one of my favorites from the trip.


6. I saw Jim Bruer while Hunter and I were waiting for the rest of the gang to ride on Splash Mountain. I SWEAR it was him with his family. I mean, a face like Goat Boy's is pretty recognizable! I'm like 95% sure it was him. Unfortunately I wasn't fast with my camera, so no picture to prove it.

7. Tralee and Haylee looked cute in their princess skirts I made for them. Tralee's was a Snow White inspired one, and Haylee's was a Princess Giselle inspired one.

8. At the end of the day we went to Artist Point, a signature restaurant at The Wilderness Lodge Resort. It's one of my family's favorites, and we weren't disappointed. I mean, I ate fresh Alaskan salmon that had been flown in that very day with shaved white truffles on top of it. FANCY! And oh-so-delish!!

After dinner, we left for our hotel, packed up, and left for home bright and early the next morning. Our week in Disney was unforgettable, and I'm so grateful my parents treated us to this experience! Thanks Mom and Dad!!! Love you!!


3 comments:

Boom said...

I LOVE looking at all the pictures and remembering the fun of being together! Families are the greatest!

Andrea said...

These posts make me want to go so bad! Looks like a great family trip.

Mary Ann Carlile said...

Your trip just looks completely awesome! I have to say I'm definitely jealous. LUcky for us, Tori is just learning about DisneyWorld, so we may have to visit someday soon!
Glad you made some awesome memories.