Sunday, November 7, 2010

Date Night

I forgot about Jim and my date night. When we got back to the hotel after our day at Hollywood Studios Jim asked me to go on a date with him.

I'll be honest, I felt like Steve Carell and Tina Fey in the movie Date Night. I thought, "Really? But I'm sooo tired!" I think Jim could sense my lack of enthusiasm and encouraged me to take advantage of our built in babysitter, Grammy Char Char. I knew he was right, and I'm glad I listened because it was nice to get out with my baby.
Jim and I took a bus to Downtown Disney. This was our first stop on our Honeymoon, so it was fun to go and see the same things we did almost nine years ago. We stopped in a little magic shop and watched a worker there do some magic. We also took a boat ride, and enjoyed each other's company.

At one point I dared Jim to dance to the music that was playing like he was a crazy guy for at least twenty seconds. He did it, and I laughed. Then I knew my dare was coming, so he told me to do the same thing underneath a big spotlight thing. I'm never one to turn down a dare (as long as it's reasonable) so I started my crazy dance. I stopped when I saw Jim pull out his camera phone. I'm all for becoming the next big deal on youtube, but as long as it's for something AWESOME, not something CRAZY where I look stupid!!

I'm a pretty cheap date, Jim kept asking if I wanted something to eat or drink. I wasn't really hungry or thirsty, but we finally settled on splitting a smoothy. Delish.

So, we didn't have all the excitement that was in the movie Date Night, but I'm sure glad we went out together. It was nice to spend a little time with my hunky hubby and share a few laughs.

No comments: