Saturday, November 20, 2010

Cute Kids

Here are some Tralee-isms I don't want to forget:

When we give Tralee a high-five she "pounds it." When we pound it, she gives us a high five. Jim or I will say, "Hey! That's the opposite!" To which Tralee responds, "No, that's green beans!" We have no idea where she came up with "green beans."

Here are a few samples of Tralee's knock-knock jokes:

Knock Knock
Who's there
Tralee
Tralee who?
Something you love.

Knock Knock
Who's there
Sandwich
Sandwich who?
Something you eat.

The other day Jim and I were pretend bickering. He came over to give me a kiss, and I was ready to pound on him a little bit when Tralee (who was watching our exchange) said, "OHHHH!!! TRUE love!" Jim and I laughed so hard we cried.

Tralee is currently in the "why?" stage. She wants to know what everything means, and then continues to ask, "why?" after each answer we give. Sometimes the whys can last several minutes and I run out of answers.

Tralee also likes to say, "I have some good news and bad news." She likes to give us the good news first, and then the bad. She also says, "I have some pink news and blue news." The pink news is always good, and the bad news is always blue. She LOVES pink.

So, I weaned Hunter about a month ago (yes, I'm one of those moms who nurses past a year. Got a problem? Take it up with the la leche league). Anywho, I was running errands as Jim was watching the kids at home when he heard Tralee whine, "Oh no!" Jim asked, "What's wrong?" Tralee said, as she was looking down at her shirt, "Oh no! It's happening! I'm running out of milk just like mommy!" I got a text from Jim telling me this story and I just about died from laughter right in the middle of Joanns fabric store.

Now for some fun Hunter-isms:

I like the way Hunter says necklace. It sounds like "awkwice."

Hunter has been hitting lately. I'm not a fan. He hits to get a reaction. He hits when he's mad. He hits when he's happy and wants to play. We're trying to work on it. The bad thing is, Tralee and Hunter will get into hitting matches now when they're playing and wrestling around. The hit is accompanied by the made-up word, "Koomoose." I have no idea which kid came up with that one. I hope that the koomoose game expires soon.

The other night I went to a movie with my friend Audie, and left Jim in charge of the babes. Jim said he was SURE Hunter had fallen asleep next to him in bed so Jim "let one rip" (his words, not mine). Hunter sat straight up in bed, looked at Jim and said, "FART," then gave Jim another kiss goodnight, and drifted back off to sleep.

Hunter likes to climb up on the arms of the couch and jump down onto the couch. Gives me a heart attack almost every time.

When I take Hunter into his closet he likes to point to different clothing and say, "That one!" as if he's picking out what he wants to wear. The thing is, he says, "That one!" to almost every clothing item in his closet. That one sounds like "Wah One!"

Hunter is getting really good at his shapes. He knows circle, triangle, and square really well.

So, to sum it up, I have the cutest kids ever! :)

2 comments:

Cammi said...

OH my word that is seriously hilarious.... Oooohhh TRUE LOVE!!! bahahaha... You do have dang cute kids!

Boom said...

The "fart" one got me laughing! I love the way both of you adore your children and share the experiences with each other and the way your children pick things up from you!

Love Mom