Tuesday, January 18, 2011

What do you want to be?

We had a little birthday party for Tralee today (pictures soon to come).

While having some nice lunch conversation over pizza and salad, Tralee's friend Jovie announced that she wanted to be a "crafter" when she grew up. I suppose this is something in the artist field. I then started asking the rest of the kids what their ambitions were.

Grayson said, "I want to be a firefighter when I grow up."
Braden announced, "I want to be anything that's a driver that goes really really fast."
I forget what Oakley said, I'm sure it was really cute.

So far all the kids had normal-ish answers for me. Then I came to Tralee.

"Tralee, what do you want to be when you grow up?" I asked. Her answer was not at all what I expected:

"I want to be an old man."

Well, there you go. This little (almost) four-year-old never ceases to bring a great big smile to my face.

3 comments:

Boom said...

that brought a big smile to my face too!

Love Mom

Meagan said...

I admit that's one I never have heard before. Good luck Tralee!

Sam and Lacey said...

L!O!L!!!!! Literally. I am laughing out loud.