Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Thankful For . . . .

Today I'm thankful for:

1. A talented husband who can build things like this:

Jim designed and built all of the cabinets below. . . just to show a few of them.



I like the glass criss-cross windows in this one. Simply lovely.




I like the cabinet color in this one. Very cool. Jim also did the shelf above the fireplace. We have one like it as well, only ours is red.

They say a house doesn't start feeling complete until the cabinets are in. That's my hubby's job. Making the home complete with his beautiful cabinet work. He's so talented! He does it all, designs the cabinets, builds them, stains and paints them, and installs them. It's all a labor of love. He loves what he does, and I'm grateful for that. I can't wait for him to design and build cabinets in our dream home someday. He's already built the cabinets in the home we're in, and they're awesome. I'm so lucky to have such a talented guy around!

2. Getting all the laundry done. . . FINALLY!

3. Hunter's chubbiness. The kid is a little chunk and I LOVE it.

4. Tralee's excitement about playing with other kids at the park. She needs to play with friends more often. I'm afraid I can get rather boring for her.

5. The fall. I love autumn. It's my favorite season. In fact, when I was younger I wished my named was Autumn. I love the scenery, the smells, the crispness in the air, the colors, sitting inside sipping on hot cocoa while the wind is blowing. It's all so lovely.

7 comments:

Joni said...

I love that Jim can make all those cabinets too!! How did he get so talented?

Teri said...

I love he can make those too! Those cabinets are simply perfect! What a talent he has! I bet one day he is going to build you a ginormous house with lots of cupboards and shelves.
Very cool

Cammi said...

alright I guess Jim is good at something... :) I love Hunter's chubiness too! I can't wait to see him again!

Hannah S said...

Gorgeous cabinets! I bet he is expensive...one day we'll get something like that. one day :)
And your mom is stunning too in the photos below! Audry Hepburn-ish.

Jodi said...

I would be happy with anyone of those kitchens. I love them. Very, very, very impressive. Only wish you guys lived closer so we could hire him!!!

Nana said...

Leslie, Aunt Mary read your Blog and she wished you and your family lived closer, they need a small bathroom remodeled with some small cabinets. She would like to hire J J. Thought you should know.

Nana said...

Leslie, Aunt Mary read your Blog and she wished you and your family lived closer, they need a small bathroom remodeled with some small cabinets. She would like to hire J J. Thought you should know.Love, Nana