Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Christmas Morning

Our Christmas day was perfect.  Our kids are the perfect ages where everything is magical, which makes watching them my favorite part of Christmas.  I think Jim and I were more excited than they were on Christmas morning.  I really don't think I slept all that much.  Hunter was the first child awake, as he was the first one to fall asleep on Christmas eve.  Tralee was too excited to fall asleep on the 24th, so we let her sleep as long as we could hold off Hunter from waking her up.  Finally, we gave in, and Hunter whispered, "Tralee!  Let's see if Santa came!" into her ear.  She woke up with a big smile, and once all the cameras were ready, we let the kids come out of our room (we all slept in there on Christmas Eve).
  
Jim made fun of my "Y" all Christmas Day.  "It's just a special Christmas Y" I told him.

Tralee's face!





Even Corky got a stocking full of treats!




This was the year of Angry Birds for Hunter.  

Angry Birds everywhere
The picture below is the aftermath of our present-opening extravaganza.  In the middle of it all, Jim's mom stopped by to say hello and drop off some gifts for the kids.  She was in town, and it was nice to see her.  We asked if she wanted to stay the rest of the day, and eat food with us, but she wanted to get back to her home and husband, so after a nice little visit, off she went.  The rest of the day was filled with watching movies, playing games, playing with our new toys, taking naps, Facetiming with loved ones far away, and eating yummy food.  We stayed in our pajamas all day, and I really couldn't have asked for a more perfect Christmas together.  Even if my house looked like this afterwards:

The aftermath
I felt so grateful on Christmas for all of our blessings.  Which really made it easy to remember the reason for the season.  I thanked the heavens again and again for all we have, and was so happy to celebrate Christ's birthday with the ones I love.  It was a fine celebration!  One I hope to repeat every year!