Friday, November 30, 2012

Our Big Vegas Sendoff

Turkey Day in Vegas was full of lots of cooking and lots of fun.  Cassi and I got everything we could get prepped done that morning.  Our plan was to put the Turkey in the oven, and take our families to Wreck-It Ralph whilst the bird was cooking.  We set the delayed start timer on the oven, and we were so worried with making sure it worked, that when we got back from the movie the oven was sure on, but the turkey was sitting on the counter!  That was kind of funny.  

Wreck-It Ralph was super cute!  I didn't think I'd like it all that much, as I've never been a huge fan of video games.  But the story was so cleverly written, and the characters were so likable  that I actually really enjoyed it.  I might have even gotten a little teary-eyed at the end.  I would definitely recommend it!

The rest of Thanksgiving went according to plan, and all the food turned out super yummy -- thanks to Cassi and my own excellent culinary skills.

Cassi and myself in front of all the food we prepared.

Friday was our last full day/night in V-town, so Cassi and I decided to do it up right!  We decided to get a sitter, and have a double-date night.  Our night began at the Rio where we ate lots and lots and lots and lots of crab legs.  They were oh-so-heavenly.  About 95% of my meal was crab.  I also ate shrimp, salmon, veggies, and sampled from the dessert selection.  Everything was good, the company included!
Jim and me on date night
After dinner we decided our big Vegas sendoff should include riding a roller coaster.  I've never done ANY of the rides in Vegas, so I was in charge of deciding which ride we would scream on.  I thought New York New York would be a lot of fun.  It was 10:45 when we finished dinner, and the coaster closed at 11:00, so we rushed on over.  On the drive we passed the Bellagio fountains which were dancing to the "I'm Proud to Be an American" song.  We rolled down all the windows and belted out the lyrics together.  The four of us made a pretty good quartet. . . even if there were two Canadians in the car.

We made it to the coaster just in time, and I started to get the pre-ride butterflies.  I haven't been on a non-Disney roller coaster in about ten years and two kids.  Let me tell you, getting older makes me a lot  more chicken!!  I was shaking, but excited. . . and a little worried I might need a depends.

Once we sat in the ride I started panicking, and double checking the seats to make sure they wouldn't malfunction and I would go flying out of my seat during the ride.  Luckily for me, the restraints did their job, and we all stayed secure.  

The ride was actually SUPER fun mixed with a bit of terrifying.  I screamed, "OH NOOOOOOOOOO" at every dip, loop, and turn, but when my feet where back on solid earth, I thought the overall ride was quite fun.

The best part of the ride was getting our souvenir pictures.  Jim and my picture made us giggle a little, but was pretty standard.  John and Cassi's picture had us all laughing so hard I thought I might need some depends again.  We joked around saying that since John has to work so early in the morning, every time he sits down he falls asleep. . . coaster included.  We joked that Cassi looked like a foreign lady (we had a Russian theme going that night, talking in accents for reasons I can't remember) who just got into town, and thought she was getting on a taxi ride, but to her horror she was actually on a roller coaster and was TERRIFIED!!  We had the giggles something fierce.

Our big Vegas send-off night was perfect.

Saturday, John and Cassi took us to a Swap Meet which was a lot of fun.  I found a cute vintage tea-set for $8.  The kids also picked out some toys.  When we got back to the Jacobs' abode, it was time to pack up and start our journey home.

We were sad to leave, but can't wait to go back! 

No comments: