Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Happy Fourth

Here are some photos from our Fourth of July. We spent the evening running around the sixteenth green, Tralee decked out in her red, white, and blue tutu, running around with sparklers (hawkwers), and trying to keep up with the lightening bugs.





When our sparklers were used up, we headed inside for popcorn and Sprechers root beer (the BEST root beer in the world). The evening ended with our little family watching the fireworks from our room, snuggled up on the bed. There's a nice big window in the room we're staying in, and there was a fantastic firework show right outside it at a local park. The fireworks lasted a LONG time. So long that both kids fell asleep before it was done. So long that I wished it was done by the time I went to bed.

After the kids fell asleep, the grown-ups watched The Proposal and finished off the popcorn and root beer.

It was a great fourth. Very low-key, very perfect.

2 comments:

Jim said...

Great posts Leslie. I really enjoyed them.

I bet it's good to be home again?

dad

Jim said...

Great posts Leslie. I really enjoyed them.

I bet it's good to be home again?

dad