Saturday, July 24, 2010

English Major You Say?

One of my pet peeves about myself is when I re-read through my blog posts and find obvious spelling and grammatical errors. I am an English major after all, you would think I'd have the whole they're, there, their and our, are, or thing down pat by now. I get embarrassed when I read though previous ramblings and discover I wrote your instead of you're. I try not to let it happen, but it does. I guess proof reading is not my strong point. Spelling isn't really my strong point either. Now you know. . . Hi, I'm Leslie and I'm an English major with imperfect grammar and bad spelling skills. . . it's amazing I graduated!

In my defense, I majored in English literature, so that's my excuse. I spent my college years with my nose in books. My writing skills are decent, just riddled with grammatical errors. Don't judge me too harshly. All my past professors' corrections on my essays have done that enough.

1 comment:

The Kelly Variety said...

It's been a while since I had to use all the',!-?'s and ect. You're right it would be more embarrassing if I had studied English. Lucky for me, I studied sign language and the few signs I still remember are slang anyway! (I'm sure most kids know them from elementary school.) Over look my grammar too, two, to Please!