Monday, June 1, 2009

Toot

Tralee is fascinated with tooting a.k.a farting. When Jim and I were dating he gave me the book The Gas We Pass: The Story of Farts with this inscription written on the inside cover:

"Dear Leslie,

I got this for you because I wanted you to think of me when I'm not around . . . and this is the best way I could come up with! This book might answer some questions about why my body acts the way it does!! Well, I love you!! Enjoy!!!

Love,

Jim Jacobs"

I knew right then and there that I would someday marry Jim. Okay, not really. But it did make me laugh, and I always knew I would marry someone who could make me laugh.

Anywho. . . This book is now part of Tralee's collection and she loves it. In fact, "toot" has become a very well versed word in Tralee's vocabulary. Anytime she hears a fart, or something that sounds like one she'll say, "Toot!" or "I tooting," or something to that effect.

When we were at the zoo, almost every animal we saw Tralee would point to and say, "It toot!" and then proceed to make a fart sound. At home Tralee will bring us one of her stuffed animals, point to its bum and say, "toot!" followed by the appropriate (or not so appropriate) farting noise. She's a bit obsessed.

What can I say, like father like daughter. And yes, just like Jim, Tralee makes me laugh with her crass behavior.

2 comments:

Boom said...

I can sure attest to her liking the book. I think I read it twice a day while I was visiting. Love my new pics! Thanks!

Jim said...

This is really a gas!!

For your information Tralee's cousin Haylee prefers the belch. She can produce professional quality belches at will.

I love my grandkids!!!

dad