Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Moved In

So, we're officially in our house. There's still loads of unpacking to do, but it'll get done eventually. When we're feeling nice and settled, I'll be sure to post some pictures (it might take a while). Until then, I have to say this move would have been impossible without the help of Jim's Aunt Michelle, and Uncle Dave. Both of these people have been a HUGE help to us, and we're SO thankful for them.

First of all, our old ward's Elders Quorum were setting up for the ward Christmas party during the time we scheduled to move all the big stuff. So, when Jim's Uncle showed up, there was just TWO guys there moving all the heavy things. We really appreciate Uncle Dave's willingness to help us move, and we're pretty sure he got a big workout doing it! Not only did Jim's Uncle move things for us, but he gave us a pretty sweet deal on some appliances for this place. We're so grateful for all the help he provided.

Aunt Michelle helped us finish packing all the miscellaneous items that are SO annoying to pack on the last day of moving, and she helped us clean up our old duplex. She was a cleaning machine! I don't think I could thank her enough if I tried. Not only that, but after we put her to work on day one, she came back a second day for round two of moving. She showed up at our new place with home-made soup, home-made bread, home-made cookies, gifts, AND she even stayed and helped me get all the kitchen stuff unpacked and organized. I honestly don't know what I would have done without her here helping me. I woke up yesterday morning feeling a little overwhelmed with all the things I would have to do to make my kitchen function, and after Michelle showed up my worries were gone. She whipped this place into shape, and again we're so thankful for her help! Even Aunt Michelle's nice neighbors, who we don't even know, gave us a gift. We're so thankful for them to, and are touched by their generosity.

My parents have also helped pitch in with helping us purchase things for the new place. We're grateful for their generosity and willingness to help us out.

I really wish there was something I could do to pay all these people back for their kindness to us this holiday season. I hope someday I'll be able to. I've been a little down lately, but all of this generosity has really helped perk up my spirits. Thanks again to everyone that's been watching out for us. We hope and pray you will be blessed beyond your means for your willingness to serve us. We're so thankful!

10 comments:

Phelps Family said...

I didn't know you were moving! Where did you go?

Necha said...

You moved! Are you still in Boise? Well yay for you! Lets see some pictures!! Even if you aren't moved in yet!

Amberly said...

I will agree that michelle is the absolute best!! glad you're feeling more settled... good luck with the rest!

Joni said...

All those people are such niceys for helping you guys! I can't wait to see you guys in your new place!

JoAnn said...

Michelle is a terrific aunt and Davids not so bad either. Is this the place you guys have been working on so hard in Middleton? Whats your new address?

Teri said...

Um, yeah you moved? Where have I been? I just talked to you Sunday I am so confused!

Michelle Burk said...

I hope you post pictures soon, so everyone can see what awesome things Jim did to your little country house. I was so impressed!

Audie said...

I hope all of the unpacking goes great! Miss you!

Boom said...

Your Mother is so grateful for Aunt Michelle and I would love to meet her again (?) sometime. She is awesome! I'm likewise grateful to Uncle Dave and the relationship he has with Jim. He's a great mentor!

Hannah S said...

Ummmm....I didn't know you were moving. Did I miss that blog?

Did you build? Or move in w/your in-laws? or ???