Saturday, August 30, 2008

Hooray for Little Miss Smartypants!

Some of you may know, I've been just a little concerned with Tralee's lack of speech. She just isn't really talking yet. Well, she talks ALL THE TIME, I just don't understand any of it. However, this morning she came up to me, put a ball in my lap and said, "ball." Actually is sounded more like, "baa." Usually when she does this I try to get her to repeat the word or sound, because I'm not sure if she really said it, or if it was just my imagination. Most of the time I can't EVER get her to repeat herself. So I said, "Yes Tralee, good girl, this is a ball! Can you say ball?" Then she said it again!! I was so excited I clapped my hands, jumped for joy, and screamed, "YAY! Yes, ball!!!" Then I gave Tralee lots of kisses and asked her to say ball again. She did. This erupted another round of applause from me, more kisses, more delight from both of us, and more of Tralee saying, "baa, baa" while pointing to the ball. I then asked her to find another ball, and she's been bringing me different balls all morning, each time she hands one over she says, "ball!" HOORAY!!

No comments: