Monday, July 21, 2008

Random Updates

I use my blog as a family journal of sorts, and I have a lot to catch up on, so please excuse the random post. I also didn't have any pictures to go along with this post, so I just slapped a few recent favorites up here for your viewing pleasure. We've been staying busy this summer. Shortly after returning from the Callister reunion Jim and I babysat Jim's Uncle's kids. We got back last night from that, and had a few hours together as a family before Jim had to pack up for a Scouting High Adventure camp. So, it's just Tralee and me until Jim returns. I'll stay busing doing Primary things, watering Tricia and Jeff's yard while they're away, playing with Tralee, and dealing with my stupid front tooth while Jim's gone.

I got a root canal done last Monday, and the dentist said there's a 70% chance my infection is cured. I guess I fell into the lucky 30% because I think the infection is still present. Now I might have to have surgery. YUCK-O! This sucks for many reasons, but the main reason is we don't have dental insurance since Jim is self employed. So all of these dental expenses are quite pricey. Why-oh-why did I have to fall down a flight of stairs and smack my front tooth onto the cement? If I could go back in time I don't think I would have been so stupid.Tralee's latest and greatest happenings include the start of temper tantrums. When she gets mad she plops down on her bum and starts crying. They're not the worst tantrums I've seen, but I could do with out them, especially when they're done in public. She also LOVES to jump on trampolines. Jim's Uncle has one at ground level and all Tralee wanted to do while we were there was jump. She got pretty good at it too.
I was telling Jim's Mom about something cute Tralee did while we were in Ohio, and I thought I better write it down before I forget. I played my piano while visiting my parents, and didn't realize how closely Tralee was paying attention to me until I saw her climb up on the piano bench, sit down, thumb through some pages of music, select something to play, and then begin to pound out her own tune. After she finished with one "song" she would thumb through some more music, pick another song, and begin to play again. I wish I would have captured it on video, because it cracked me up. You might have thought nothing much of her piano capabilities, but I think it was the beginnings of a musical genius.I think that's all I'll post for now. I have to call the dentist and endodontist and schedule some appointments. I hope to get rid of this stupid tooth problem soon!


Boom said...

Great pictures! So sorry about the Dental. Just FYI there have been many times I had to deal with tooth problems and sometimes it just takes a few weeks for the pain to stop even though there is no reason (infection) to deal with. I think I better give you a call.

Jim said...

What a beautiful mother and daughter!!!

Audie said...

Good luck with the tooth problem! I know what it's like to not have dental insurance. I feel like I need a root canal or two but can't b/c I'd rather spend that money on something else. Priorities!

Jodi said...

So sorry to hear about your tooth! That must be so painful. Hope things work out.

Very cute pictures. Tralee is adorable!

MattJulieGavin said...

gavin is into throwing some serious tantrums too!!! they're horrible! he runs around and smacks his head on EVERYTHING...screaming. it's so much fun!
hey, i had a root canal once, actually i had 2. not fun. i'm sorry...good luck with everything.

MattJulieGavin said...

hey, one more did you do that "thing" by your list? where it tells you what is on everyone's blog and when they updated it? that's awesome!