Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Ohio Vacation: Flying and Golfing

The first part of our Ohio vacation was the portion I was most anxious about. We've flown with Tralee three or four times now, but we haven't flown with her since she's become so mobile. I was worried that sitting still for a long plane ride would be nearly impossible for her. Luckily, we've been blessed with a pretty great kid! I can't say that she was a perfect, quiet, little angel for all the flights, but she did better than I thought she would. Before we boarded our first flight we let her run off some energy in the airport.

Then, as instructed by several parents who have flown with toddlers, we brought a portable DVD player along with recorded episodes of Sesame Street (her favorite) on DVDs. Also as instructed, we packed along plenty of snacks, new toys, coloring books, and regular books to keep Tralee busy. It seems to work out great. If she got bored with one thing, we pulled something else out of the bag to occupy her. The second flight was great because she fell asleep before the plane even took off. She slept until the last hour and then became fascinated by looking out the window. It was night time and Tralee must have loved all the twinkly lights. Here she is on plane ride numeral uno.


Tuesday we flew. Wednesday we visited with family, and Jim went golfing with my Dad. If all Jim did this vacation was golf, he would have been happy. He was able to golf twice, and then he sneaked onto the greens around my parent's place to practice after dusk, when no one else was on the course. I think he even woke up early our last morning in Ohio to sneak in a few more holes. Yes, it's true, I'm a golf widow.


The first thing I did on Wednesday morning was give Tralee a bath. She loved my parent's big tub.


The first thing Jim wanted to do was show Tralee the golf course. Later that day Jim went golfing, as I mentioned above.

The rest of Wednesday we just hung out. Nothing too exciting, just nice.

No comments: