Monday, February 27, 2012

Alive

We're alive.  We're well.  We're busy!!

I have something going on every day this week.  I have piles of things I need to tackle.  I have a list

t

h

i

s

l

o

n

g

to get through.  It's never ending.  Today I ignored the list for a bit and watched Lost on Netflix.  I gave my self a break today as I woke up at 4:20am this morning to take Jim to the airport.  I didn't get to bed until after midnight last night.  Four hours isn't a lot of sleep -- enough for some, not for me.  Anyways, I was tired and wanted to ignore my list, so I took a break and got my Lost on.  I never watched it when it was actually on the air, I'm enjoying it now.  Maybe I enjoyed it too much today, because as I look around at my house, those piles are stacking up.  I'm feeling a little overwhelmed.  I have things I need to do and things I want to do.  I'm having a hard time picking which to do first. 

We upped Tralee's speech therapy to twice a week.  Fingers crossed that this will get us through the S and Th sounds (she's been stuck on those for a while now) so we can start working on V and R sounds.  Today was the first day we started going on Monday.  After speech the kids and I ran some errands, then I came home and instead of tackling my list, I watched Lost.  I don't really feel too bad about it.  Last week was just as busy as this week, and it was the first time I sat down in I don't know how long to just enjoy a show (usually a show is on and I'm folding laundry, doing the dishes while listening and sneaking peeks at the telly, ironing, sewing, or picking up toys.)  Today I just watched -- that's a lie.  I watched as I read through a stack of magazines that have been ignored under my coffee table for a few weeks.  Now that I'm caught up on my mags and snuck in some telly-time, it's back to business (well. . .after I finish this blog post it's back to business).

I have been trying really hard to spend some quality time with my munchkins latley.  I've been feeling like a slacker mom.  They've been fed, dressed, bathed, wiped, huged, and kissed, but I've been saying a lot of things like, "I'll play with you as soon as I'm done with __________."  Today I spent a little time playing pretend and reading library books with them.  I want a day I can dedicate to my babes.  I haven't had one of those in a while.  My munchkins and I need a fun day together.  

Tomorrow I'm having some women from church come over to work on some invitations for an up-coming event.  I need to pick up a bit.  The house was super clean and orderly just a few days ago for a doTERRA party I hosted, now it looks all sorts of messy again.  How does that happen so fast?!

The rest of the week will be spent teaching pre-school, driving to-and-from activities, and watching some kids for a family member for a few days.  My kiddies and I will be spending the night over there.   

I'm also trying to get everything in order for our up-coming trip.  Jim left for Maui, Hawaii today for a business trip.  The kids and I will be joining him in about a week (YIPPEE!).  I have a lot of pre-trip prep work to do.  I'm so busy I don't have time to get really excited about the trip yet.  It feels like I have a mountain of work to climb up before I can descend into paradise with my family.  Don't get me wrong, I'm excited about my first (EVER!!) trip to Hawaii, I'm just feeling a little like, "AHHHHHHHRRRRGGGG!" at the moment when I think of my to-do list.

Speaking of my super long list, I better stop typing, and start working.

Just thought I would give an up-date to those that check this blog a lot and worry if there are no updates  (you know who you are - loves and hugs to you from me!).

Alright.  I'm off to climb my mountain.  Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Mary Ann Carlile said...

Hawaii!! I'm so excited for you! Have a great time, and good luck with that long list!