Friday, August 2, 2013

Temple Square

On our drive back from Las Vegas, we spent the night in Salt Lake City.  Our hotel was, literally, right night door to Temple Square.  So, the next morning after breakfast, we walked around Temple Square for a bit.  When Hunter first saw the temple he said, "Whoa!  Look a castle!"  I told him it was even BETTER than a castle.  I told him that's where Mommy and Daddy got married.  He thought it was even cooler after that.

Here are a few pictures from our morning.

While inside the tabernacle I realized that my children will never watch a conference and see the old pipe organ in the background.  That probably makes me really old, doesn't it?

The kids wanted to climb to the very top of the tabernacle.  Then Hunter proceeded to wave and say, "Hi!" to everyone he saw.  Because the acoustics are so good inside this building, everyone heard him.  Even when I told him he had to be as quiet as a church mouse.

Oh, hi there!

I wonder what she was thinking.
For some reason, my kids decided to be really sweet to each other while we were on the temple grounds.  I wasn't complaining!  It melted my heart.

Little sweet hearts

Family shot

I'm always amazed at the amount of detail there is on this building.  It's really quite amazing.


I told Jim to take a picture of me acting like a bride.  I may or may not have forced him to take several shots of me posing here.  He did it, all while rolling his eyes and calling me a cheese-ball.  I know he secretly loved it.  :)

After about an hour walking around Temple Square, we decided to get back in the car, and finish our drive home.  The rest of the trip was pretty uneventful.  It was nice to come back home.

No comments: