Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Guppy Bears and Cocodots

I love some of my kids' words for things.  Here are just a handful of words my kids say that make me smile without fail:

Back in the day Tralee used to say, "don't make sad, make happy" instead of don't be sad.  We made a whole song about it.  Jim and I sing it every time the kids act grumpy.  It has it's own melody that doesn't sound like anything familiar, so you'll just have to pretend you know it, but here are the lyrics:

Don't make sad make happy
That's what we're gonna do
Don't make sad make happy
Others will love you.

Both chiddlers (can you tell we've been reading The BFG?) say pupcake instead of cupcake.  This morning Tralee informed me that she ate the last pupcake. . . it was a healthy muffin by the way, but it was in the shape of the ever-enticing pupcake, so she ate it!  Hooray! 

While in Hawaii (ah. . . remember Hawaii?  When can we go back?) Hunter called coconuts cocodots.  Imagine, if you will, a coconut who married a polkadot.  They would have little baby cocodots.

For as long as I can remember Tralee has called airplanes hairpains.  Hunter copies his big sister, so they both point to the sky and exclaim, "Look at the hairpain!"  It makes me smile.

Lastly, today I took Hunty on a date while Tralee was at dance.  On our date I let him pick out a treat.  He picked guppy bears.  Never heard of a guppy bear before?  They look A LOT like gummy bears, just so ya know.

That's all for now.  I'm sure there are more cute things my kids do that you're just dying to hear about, but you'll have to wait until I can think of them.

Until then, make happy while sipping on a glass of cocodot milk paired with a pupcake decorated with guppy bears.  If you should happen to see a hairpain fly by, hopefully we'll be on it on our way back to Hawaii!


1 comment:

Joni said...

Your kids are so awesome.