Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Just Some Everyday Blah Blah Blah's

Hi. Not a whole lot of fun and interesting things have been happening in our lives lately, thus the lack of posts. We're just going through the usual everyday drill.

As usual, I've been avoiding the pile of dishes that keeps growing in my kitchen sink. I can officially say we're out of clean forks and spoons. You'd think with the modern convenience of a dish washer I'd stay on top of things in the dish department. I don't. Instead I spent this fine afternoon outside on the trampoline with the kids. We jumped and then made up a game where I pretended to sleep only to be woken up by one of the kids shocking me--literally. There was A LOT of static electricity in the air today. I did my best to explain what it was (I pretty much made it up as I went along, but hoped some of my grade-school science lessons floated up from my subconscious so that I wasn't feeding my kids a complete load of you-know-what). My two birds flew around the trampoline charging their little bodies with static electricity while I pretend to nap. After they felt sufficiently charged, they'd sneak up, shock me, I'd squeal and sit up saying something like, "Ow!! What just happened!" My babies would giggle and admit, "IT WAS ME!!" After the giggles subsided Tralee would say, "No go back to sleep!" So I would and we'd do this over and over and over again.

Another past time that keeps me from dish-duty is Hunter's new obsession with the fridge. He really enjoys discovering various snacks in our cool container. Hunter's figured out how to open it on his own (don't worry there's NO way he could close himself in, there's just not enough room the way our fantastic 1980's fridge was built), and he pretty much takes out just about anything he can reach. I wake up most mornings with Hunter by the side of my bed holding something like strawberries or yogurt asking me to "open dis." That's usually when I crawl out of bed, throw on my robe, and discover a trail of food from the fridge leading up to my bedroom. This morning I picked up a package of bacon, swiss cheese, tofu, and lunch meat on my way to the kitchen. Hunter obviously busied himself in the meat compartment before I finished my zzz's. On other occasions I don't realize Hunter's been working in the fridge until I step on a blueberry only to look up and see the entire container has been opened and spilled onto the kitchen floor. Hunter's usually in the middle of the spill, stuffing berries in his mouth, looking quite pleased with his latest pillage. I guess investing in a fridge lock wouldn't he the worst thing, although that would take away one of my excuses for why the dishes never get done.

Other things we've been busying ourselves with include (but are not limited to): Weeding the front flowerbed, running errands, playdates, trips to the library, going on walks around the neighborhood while Tralee rides her bike or scooter, and a trip to the dentist. So, you see with all that's going on it's understandable that my kitchen sink looks like the Seven Drawfs' pre-Snow White.

So that's about all for now. Nothing too spectacular. No major projects. No big changes. No fantastic vacations. No new furniture I want to show off. No additions to the family. No life-long goal crossed off my list. No amazing new accomplishments of the kids to brag about. No tastilicious recipe I JUST made that you MUST try. No super-fantastic professional photo shoots of my kids to show off. No countdowns to something exciting. No new business to spread the word about. No amazing deals I want to share. Nada. Just me and the kids hangin' like we do waiting for Daddy to get home from work.

It's pretty great, isn't it?

2 comments:

Debi said...

The great thing is your kids will remember all those fun times spent with mom but, not that the dishes were always done. A. Debi

Boom said...

I'm so happy you are making memories. I wish I could have gotten shocked a few times.

I'm glad the blueberries were on the kitchen floor and not smashed into the carpet. Of course, Mr Clean could probably take care of that, right?

Love Mom