Wednesday, January 12, 2011

More Things

Today Tralee told me, "Mom, I have a frog in my eye." I explained to her about having a frog in your throat a few days ago. Today she was blinking and rubbing her eye. I think she had an eyelash in it. . . or as Tralee says, "a frog" in her eye.

Jim and I have to be REALLY careful about what's on tv around the kids now. They're picking up on EVERYTHING. I was watching something about animals the other day, and thought it was innocent enough to have on around the kids when one of the characters said, "Oh damn!" Tralee looked up and asked, "Mom, what's 'oh damn?'" I promptly turned off the tv and explained to Tralee that that's not a nice word. Then I felt like the worst mom. At least the lady didn't say "oh shiznit" or worse!

Tralee has started sounding out letters now. Hunter likes to try too. It's really fun to see their little minds learning. Whenever we're reading stories together, I like to stop at an easier word and have Tralee sound it out. Sometimes she needs a little help, but sometimes she surprises me and figures it out on her own.

Yesterday Hunter smacked me in the face. I pretended to start crying and he ran and hid behind the toy box. He looked so worried and cute I laughed. He ran over to me and said, "Sorry Mama." Melted my heart right into butter.

I cut my finger on a piece of broken glass on New Years Day. It hit a vein and it kinda looked like a crime scene in our bedroom. Luckily, Jim was right there, and as a trained EMT he knew just what to do. It was so sweet to see him look so concerned for me. I was also surprised at how calm I was. The cut could have probably used a stitch or two, but I didn't want to go through the hassle of a trip to the ER. So, we just bandaged it up and prayed for the best. My finger doesn't look all that bad now. The scar won't even be as cool looking as I hoped.

Those are all my scattered thoughts for the moment. I'm sure I'll come up with more later.

1 comment:

Boom said...

Darn - sometimes I read your latest post and come back later only to find I missed something below it. Ticks me off. I live to have new info on my daughter's blogs!

Love you!