Thursday, July 22, 2010

UG!!!!

Not to be a downer, but I feel like Crappy Craperson today (what an unfortunate name). I've finally lost the battle with this bug that the kid-os past on to me. I was hoping it would stay away, even when I woke up with a pounding head and scratchy throat yesterday (and the day before that) I was hoping to fight it off by consuming copious amounts of vitamin c and echinacea. Well. . . to be totally honest I never got around to the echinacea. We're out and I didn't feel like going out to buy some more. I just thought if I wrote that I HAD been popping echinacea pills down my gullet, followed by an OJ (not Simpson) chaser, and STILL this sickness invaded my body it would seem like I REALLY did put up a good fight. But I didn't. I just HOPED this cold would stay away, and hoped that drinking some OJ was enough. It wasn't.

Is this making sense to anyone?

My head is fuzzy. I think it's cause my head is full of gross things that belong outside my body instead of in. I won't go into more detail than that, because on top of my pounding head (and fever, did I mention I have a fever? Not a bad one, just bad enough that I thought I would write it down to get some sympathy points), I also feel queasy. And then there's my throat. I can hardly swallow, and it hurts when I do. So, eating is pretty much out of the question. All though I ate some toast and cherries and drank some OJ and water. It helped to have something in my tummy.

Do you want to know how awesome Jim is? He watched the kids for me this morning while I slept and slept and slept. I slept until 11:15 am. I don't think I've slept past 9 in a seriously long time, and although my head was pounding, it felt amazing to sleep in. The only downside is now it's already 1pm and most of the day is gone. Another downer? Jim finally had to get going. He left shortly after I made my debut from my chamber of sickies.

Now I'm all alone with the babies. In case you don't know, or have forgotten, a three-year-old and one-year-old are VERY demanding. About all I can do today is take care of them and rest in between feeding, changing, snuggling, reading, and helping them with whatever demands they have. Although, sometimes their pleadings go unanswered. Sometimes I just don't think Tralee needs ANOTHER drink after I just got up to get her one. Sometimes I tell her, "Be quiet and patient!" Sometimes she listens, and sometimes she begs and sometimes I feel like shutting myself in the closet and not playing the part of mommy. And sometimes I'm the one that needs to be patient, cause when I'm sick I'm not very patient and understanding. I'm kind of crabby, and needy, and not good for much. I let my kids watch too much TV when I'm sick, cause I don't want to do anything except close my eyes and wait for this bug to fly away and corrupt someone else's body. Perhaps Crappy Craperson's. With a name like that, I wouldn't feel bad getting him sick.

3 comments:

Amberly said...

so sorry you're feeling yuck. I know that feeling of not wanting to play mom- a clone is a seriously good idea. hope it passes quickly!!

Mary Ann Carlile said...

It's days like these that mommies don't ever deserve to have. I'm so sorry! Wish I lived close so I could give you a rest from the kids. I just hope that tomorrow you wake up feeling a million times better!
If anyone is reading this that lives closer to Leslie, call her and tell her you are bringing dinner in and that if Jim has to work tomorrow, you will take the kids too!

Leslie said...

Aw thanks Mary Ann. I am feeling much better today, thank you. I wish you DID live close by though. . .not just cause I want you to help with the kids when I'm sick, but because think of all the totally awesome and fun things we could all do together. It would be like old times again, but with kids! Super fun!!