Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The Recipe

The Asian Shrimp and Pineapple recipe turned out okay. If I make it again, I'll probably tweak it a bit more to my liking. For instance, the jalapeno pepper will be put in the dressing to flavor it, and then removed before tossing it on the salad. Those little bits of jalapeno are killer. I like a bit of spice, but not that much.

I also think Karma reared her pretty little head today. I couldn't find my keys prior to leaving for therapy. I searched the house. I called Jim to see if he moved them. They were nowhere and the clock was ticking. I finally knelt down and said a little prayer. A few minutes after that, I check the diaper bag in the car. The keys were at the very bottom of the bag. I have no idea how they got there, but I was happy to find them. We ended up being eight minutes late for therapy because of the key fiasco. I DID remember the recipe, but Bon Apetit was long gone. I looked through the magazine rack and all I saw were Newsweeks. So. . . I kept the recipe. I figured Karma and I are even now. Plus there's a sweet potato cake with mango and pineapple chutney recipe on the same page I want to try next. :)

3 comments:

Audie said...

Shrimp makes me want to barf. So happy you got your bike and trailer!!!

Boom said...

You have a multitude of talents my dear. Sorry about the keys! Probably payback for taking the recipe. Food looks great, but I agree about the peppers.

Love Mom

Jim said...

I think removing the peppers would be a horrible mistake!!! :-(

Dad