Monday, November 23, 2009

Still Thankful

Yeah, I missed a few thankful days. I've been busy. You know those kind of days where you KNOW you had a lot going on, but not a whole lot to show for it? Those are the kind of days I've had. To catch up, here are a few things I'm thankful for:

1. When my kids take naps at the same time. It doesn't happen often, especially now that Tralee doesn't nap, but when they DO happen to both be sleeping. . . HEAVEN!!!

2. My Grandpa Milt. He and his wife, my Grandma Pauline, took my mother under their wings when my mom was in her twenties. They considered her an adopted daughter, and have been a part of my family ever since. Many of my fondest childhood memories involve Grandma Pauline and Grandpa Milt. I am so thankful for all they did for me and my family growing up. Grandpa Milt passed away on Sunday. My thoughts and prayers are with Grandma Pauline and the rest of the family. He will be missed.

3. I'm thankful for a clean house. My house isn't clean at all. In fact, I would be embarrassed if anyone saw it right now. But, having it be so messy makes me realize how grateful I am when my house actually is clean.

4. Baby wipes. Those little guys work wonders. . . and not just on babies' behinds. Seriously, they get stains out of carpets pretty well too.

5. Magazines and catalogs. I love getting my magazines in the mail, and whenever the Pottery Barn catalogs find their way to my mailbox, I get really excited. I've NEVER purchased anything from Pottery Barn, but I like to get inspired by their catalog.

6. I'm grateful for a husband that I can say things like this to, "Honey, do you see this dresser in the Pottery Barn catalog? Can you make it for me, only in this color, and I want it to fit in this space. Thanks." Then, I'm grateful that my husband can actually make the thing I want at a fraction of the price Pottery Barn charges. :) How lucky am I?

That's all for now.

You might not be hearing from me until after Turkey Day. So, if not, I hope everyone has a VERY happy Thanksgiving.

2 comments:

Joni said...

Oh Leslie, sorry about Grandpa Milt. I can't wait to see you! And you can use our internet while you're staying here!! :)

Boom said...

I'm ready for the next installment of Thanksfuls.

Love Mom