Sunday, December 9, 2007

Four in a Row!!!

This weekend was pretty fun. Friday night Jim and I went to bowling league. I was a bit nervous because I hadn't played in two weeks. The first week I missed because we were in St. George. I missed last week because Tralee was sick. So, coming back without any practice had me worried. Little did I know, I was going to break bowling league history (well. . . for me at least). The last three frames of our first game I got THREE STRIKES IN A ROW!!! I've never even gotten two in a row! In fact, I usually only get one strike per game. Anywho, my teammates were all proud of me for ending my game with a turkey. The amazingness of the night didn't end there, I started the next game off with another strike! So. . . FOUR IN A ROW! YAY! Jim of course got six strikes in a row, but he does that all the time, so we were much more amazed at my four! In the middle of bowling league night we did the jackpot again. Wouldn't you know it, Jim's ticket number was called, and of course he bowled a strike so. . . we won $134!! So between the last time Jim won the jackpot ($320) and this time ($134) bowling league is paying for itself! We had a lot of fun, and Tralee likes to watch people bowl.

Saturday morning Jim woke up early to go help our ward set up for the ward Christmas party while Tralee and I slept in. Saturday afternoon Jim met with a client, and Saturday night we went to the Christmas party. The party was only okay. You could tell they put a lot of thought into it, but I think they over planned the program. It was nice, just a bit too long. Sometimes it's fun to just go have fun at ward parties, and not sit and watch a super long program. Don't get me wrong, it was nice and everything, just a bit on the lengthy side. After the Christmas party Jim and I went to Costco and did some grocery shopping. Isn't it amazing how you can go into places like Costco and Sam's Club and spend way more than you were planning on. We did okay, and we got things we needed so it was money well spent.

This morning I made a yummy breakfast of pancakes, eggs, and bacon, and then captured Tralee talking to herself and playing with our shoes. She's a cute little munchkin! Then we hung around until church. Church was nice today, although Tralee is getting more and more restless. She doesn't like sitting still, especially now that she taught herself how to crawl, stand, and chatter. We spent some time out in the hall when Tralee was especially rambunctious. Other than that church was nice.

That's all.


No comments: