Friday, November 14, 2014

Halloween Video

So. . . I've been slacking when it comes to the blog. Life is busy. Busy busy busy. In the midst of all the carpooling, volunteering at school, swim practices, playdates, etsy orders, among other wifley and motherly duties, I managed to create a short video of our Halloween. Find it below.

As for how our Halloween went, I'll give you a quick run down. I volunteered in both kids' classrooms for their parties during the day. That night we went trick-or-treating with cousins. Jim's brother John dressed up in his crazy stiltz costume which was pretty spooky! We started out in the other Jacobs' new neighborhood. We traveled over to a neighborhood Halloween party, and then ended the night trick-or-treating in the most tricked-out neighborhood I've ever seen. I mean, they close down the roads, decorate with ghosts and lights over the street (rivaling Disney's decor), dementor-esque statues welcome you into the neighborhood, and instead of a simple candy bar, people give out extravagent menu items. One house had a movie playing in their front yard and gave out giant bags of popcorn. Another home had a full-on cotton candy maker. Offerings like hotdogs with all the toppings were passed out. Homes actually had haunted houses to go through, and barrel rides on their ATVs. Plus EVERYONE was dressed in a cool costum. I've never seen anything like it. It was pretty cool. My kids had a blast with their cousins, and our Halloween was a success. Of course it ended back home with the kids trading Halloween candy. I mean, what's trick-or-treating without trading? The negotiations were fierce, but I think everyone made out well in the end.

Anyway here's the video, enjoy:

No comments: