Thursday, June 13, 2013

Vegas Baby

Jim had a gem show to go to in Vegas a few weeks ago, so the kids and I decided to go along for the trip, and play with family while Jim took classes and checked out wholesale jewelry.  Jim's brother and his family live there, and we all happen to get along swimmingly, so our visits are usually a lot of fun.

It was a bit on the saunaish side in Vegas, so waterplay is kindof a must.  Here are some pics of the kids playing. . .

Hunter sunbathing

This picture makes me laugh.  Lexi and Brody were fighting, and Tralee was literally in the middle of it.    I took this picture when everyone was mad.  Doesn't it look like they're having fun?

Tralee and Hunter with Lexi in the background

Cute lil' Brynli

Jim got Cassi and I into the gem show so we could check out all the jewls.  They were pretty strict about letting people in.  I guess they don't want regular people like me buying a bunch of wholesale jewelry for myself.  I can't believe how much jewelry there is in the world.  I mean really, it was overwhelming.  I'm not much of a jewelry wearer, but if I was, I think our bank account might have been in trouble.  I mean, there were diamonds, gold, silver, and jewels all over the place at wholesale prices.  Marilyn Monroe would have had a hayday.  Me?  Diamonds and I are more of aquaintances than best friends.  We also saw Coolio walking around the gem show.  Maybe he has some thugish jewelry line he was shopping for, or maybe he's just Coolio, so he gets into various conventions in Vegas whenever he wants because, you know, he's living a gansta's paradise.  Either way, it was fun to walk around and look at stuff.  I didn't buy anything.  Like I said, not much of a jewelry wearer, plus I think they prefer large purchases at conventions like this.  Either way, it was fun, and Cassi and I had a blast getting as many free pens, pads of paper, candy, mints, waterbottles, and totes as we could.  SCORE!

The latest jewelry models

On Friday night. . . or was it Saturday night?  I can't remember, Adrienne and her girls came to visit.  We had a BBQ, and then John, Cassi, Jim, and I went out to a show while Adrienne, Cassi W, and Tandra babysat for us.

Jim and I cheesing it up

Looking sexy for out double date night

Cassi and John


The show we saw was a comedian/magician act, and was actually quite funny.  We all laughed.  It was good.  Jim and Cassi participated, and Cassi gave Jim crabs!  Haha!

After the show, we walked around Vegas for a bit, Cassi and I took some silly pictures of ourselves, Jim and John made fun of us for it, then we all went out for some frozen yogurt.  There was a lot of laughing and giggling this night.  My abs actually hurt the next morning.

Chastity and Celestial (those are our Utah names - Chast and Celeste for short) in Vegas

We might have been having too much fun for two Mormons who don't drink.  We just get high on life is all.

When we made it home from our night out, we found sleeping children, took some pictures, and then hung out some more with Adrienne, Tandra, and Cassi.  It was a REALLY fun night!

Lexi and Tralee sharing a blankie

Cassi W, Jim, and Tandra eating their fro-yo.

Chast and I trying to imitate our daughters, but couldn't stop laughing.

Nailed it!
Our time in Vegas was a lot of fun.  We always have a good time with the John Jacobs family.  It's so sad when it comes time to leave.  We decided that we all need to figure out a way to live closer together (preferably in Hawaii or St. George (in the winter) and Canada (in the summer)).  So. . .if you have any ideas, let us know!

No comments: