Monday, March 4, 2013

The Milwaukee County Domes

When I was in Wisconsin last week, my sister-in-law, Amy, and I took my kids to the domes one afternoon.  I haven't been to the domes since I was a kid, and I honestly forgot how cool they are!  Also, it was the perfect activity to take my kids to to burn off some energy in the freezing Wisconsin weather.

There are three domes.  The Show Dome, this one changes every so often.  When we went it was set up with hundreds of toy trains and train villages winding through all the flowers and succulents.  

The second dome is the desert dome.  This one felt more like home to me.  The third dome was the tropical dome.  I wish the tropical dome felt like home to me.  Side note:  I miss Hawaii.

Here are a few pics from our outing to the domes:


Walking into the show dome reminded me a little of walking into Willy Wonka's chocolate factory.  The only difference is nothing here was made out of candy, although it all looked and smelled fantastic!


This circus guy was kind of creepy and kind of cool.  I couldn't quite decide.

A little town with a train chuggin' by

Tralee started having a conversation with circus dude.


Succulents in the desert dome

My two favorite succulents


Work it Hunty!

I'm not sure why, but Tralee's favorite new thing to do in front of the camera is pretend to be asleep.  Here she is sleep-standing in front of a large cactus


Amy getting some shots


The last dome we ventured into was the tropical one




 After visiting the domes we stopped for some lunch, and made our way back home to await Haylee and Brady's arrival from school.

1 comment:

Jim said...

Cool stuff - thanks!

Dad