Monday, October 15, 2012

School Night at The Farmstead


A few weeks ago Tralee's school sponsored a Family Fun Night at The Farmstead.  We got a screamin' deal to get in, and had a great night together (minus Jim who was in Alaska).  Tralee saw some of her friends and classmates, and even got to watch some teachers kiss a pig.  

Actually, Tralee missed the pig-kissing even though she was sitting in the FRONT  ROW!  The crowd even counted down from 10.  She was screaming the numbers right down with the crowd.  Then, after the pig-kissing event was over (something Tralee had been talking about for weeks), I walked over to her and said, "okay, lets go do something else."  Her response was, "That's it?  But nobody kissed the pig!"  I was like, "Uh, yeah they did.  Three teachers kissed the pig.  You were sitting RIGHT in the front row.  It happened right in front of you."

Blank confused stare.

She missed it.

I don't know how, but she missed it.  I was like, "What were you looking at?"

"I don't know."

"Why did you think everyone was counting down from 10?"

"I don't know."

I explained that next time people are doing a countdown, it means something exciting is about to happen, so start looking around until you see something that looks exciting.  Silly girl.


Anyways, she wasn't too disappointed about missing the pig kisses.  I lured her away from tears with promises of hot mini donuts sprinkled with powdered sugar from the donut vendor.  They were freshly cooked and oh-so-yummy.  Tralee actually ate so many from the first batch, that Hunter was sad he didn't get as many, so I bought a second batch with sprinkles just for him.  We all shared, although I made sure the mini-donut consumption was even between my kids to avoid a meltdown.


We did pretty much everything The Farmstead had to offer.  I even coughed up the dough for Tralee to ride a pony, and walk through a giant lizard maze.  The only thing we missed, was taking a hayride to the pumpkin patch to pick out some pumpkins.  It got too late and too cold to go on the hayride, so I told the kids we might go back some sunny fall day to check that off our list.


All and all, our night at The Farmstead was great.  


The only thing it was missing was Jim's company.  We sure miss him around here.  October will be a long month without him!


Keeping busy helps us not miss him as much.


Which is why we'll probably take another trip to The Farmstead before the month is over!  It's kinda fun!

No comments: