Saturday, August 6, 2011

New Do Part Two

When I got home from getting my hair cut on Thursday, the first thing Tralee said was, "I want to get my hair cut just like yours!"  I told her the salon was closed for the night, but maybe on Friday we could go. Tralee's hair needed to be cut anyways (by someone besides me and herself -- oh yeah, she took a go at her own hair about a month ago and my sad attempt to "fix" it just wasn't cutting it (pun intended)).  So, sure enough there was an opening for Tralee on Friday and we took it.  All the way to the beauty salon I asked Tralee, "Are you sure you want to get bangs?  Once you get them they're going to stay like that for a while."  Tralee was sure, so on we drove to get her hair done "just like mommy's."  

Tralee got the full treatment, and was so stinkin' cute interacting with all the ladies at the salon.  She told our stylist, "I love your white hair!"  McKinnley (not sure if that's how you spell it) was the lady that did both my hair and Tralee's and she did a GREAT job!  She also had bleach blond hair that apparently looks white to Tralee.  Tralee giggled when she got her hair washed because it tickled.  She also listened so well when McKinnley asked Tralee to look up and hold perfectly still.  Tralee's response was, "I will be still, just like a statue!"  She did so good, and the haircut ended up looking adorable on my lil' munchkin.
Hair wash moment 
Hair cut time.  Tralee insisted on wearing her red sparkly shoes.
She loves her new haircut!

Couldn't get her to look at the camera.
Jim started calling Tralee Leslie because he thinks she looks just like me with our twiner do.  Tralee keeps asking me, "Why does Daddy call my Weswee? (we're still working on her L-sounds).  Anyways, what do you think?  Can you tell we're the mother/daughter combo platter?  Or are we two totally different dishes?  Either way, the bangs were a good ingredient choice.  In fact, Tralee looks so cute I could just eat her right up, bangs and all!

Twins or distant relatives?  Also, check out my boy's saggy diaper in the background.  Whoohoo!  Lookin' good my main man!  Sheesh, I wonder if his mother ever changes him?

In other news, the kids and I hit up the library yesterday, and then went to a local water park/splash pad place with Jim.  We all had a lot of fun, but I won't be going to the water park alone with my kids anytime soon.  There's no way I could watch them both all by myself.  I'm glad Jim came along.  We kept doing the ol' switcheroo.  I would play with Hunter for a bit while Jim played with Tralee, then we'd switch kids.  I don't know what we're going to do if we add a third kid to the mix (that's not an announcement just a quandary.  We have no immediate plans for expanding our brood).

So, in summery yesterday was a fun filled day.

4 comments:

Boom said...

You are both sooo darn cute!

Amberly said...

the hair is darling, on both of you! your bangs are great, thick and hot! and hers are adorable.

Leslie said...

Thanks Amberly! It was time to change things up a bit.

Mary Ann Carlile said...

Cute! I'd say you can definitely see a little bit of Jim in her, but man, she really does look like you! I love the hair on you!